Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wii are never bored here.

The Nintendo Wii, your "? of the Week for July 17, 2011.*

Ah, the poor Wii, derided by hard-core gamers and beloved by moms and dads and grandmas and grandpas and bowlers around the world.

I've already outed myself as a bit of a geek and, to be honest, I have not played my Wii for almost a year.  For the past three weeks, though, the Wii has been the most important piece of technology in my life.

I brought the console all the way to Alaska for a couple of reasons.  It is incredibly small and there aren't a lot of wires.  I have used it to catch up on my Netflix queue- watching mystery series and occasionally playing video games.**  Another advantage is that it can easily plug into older TV sets and so it is a great option when you don't know what kind of place you are going to stay at and you need maximum flexibility.

During the run of the show there are parts of the day that are free from singing or press-related activities.  Last year in Fairbanks, I had the chance to do a lot of exploring with my family.  I still had the opportunity to explore some new spots in Fairbanks, meet interesting people and socialize with my castmates but I decided that due to the size and scope of the role, I should use my off-time in ways that would not tax my voice in any way.  The Wii has been a fantastic way to give my mind a break between a busy rehearsal schedule.

What is your frivolous piece of technology that you enjoy while on the road?

*You will be seeing some changes in the format of the "? of the Week."  I got some great feedback that the titles were kind of... well... boring.  I'll still tag my weekly posts appropriately, but from now on, I'll try to come up with a catchy title.  Please don't hesitate to post feedback here or on facebook.  I would love to hear from you.

** Games included: Super Mario Bros. 3, River City Ransom, Bit.Trip.Void, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

1 comment:

  1. Eapen, you have never been boring in all 12 years I've known you! So glad you got such great use out of the Wii!!

    ReplyDelete