Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Monday, May 2, 2011

? of the Week, May 2, 2011

Perhaps I'm late.  Perhaps the internet took me away from my tasks at hand.  Perhaps my daughters slept in and I missed my 4 a.m. Sunday morning blogging.

Not to be ignored or underestimated, Tenor Eleven Miles Away returns with the "? of the Week."

As I drove home from church on Sunday with my daughters in the back seat, we rolled down the windows and listened as Jonathan Schwarz played classic songs about the arrival of May.  His show became our "? of the Week" as sunshine poured down around us as Julie Andrews sang, "The Lusty Month of May."  They may not be old enough to get it, but they quieted down and enjoyed all of the songs that Mr. Schwarz chose.

Sunday morning drives always include the Jonathan Schwarz radio show.  He has an amazing talent for looking out the window at the weather, tone and temperment of New York City and creating a tuneful, song-filled soundtrack than encapsulates your Sunday--sunny days are brighter and more cheerful, rainy days are more melancholy and New York becomes just a little more "New York."

No comments:

Post a Comment