Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Lights out, uh huh, dance dance dance

Despite my career choice, I am a bit of a hippie. That is why I absolutely loved a little device in my hotel room. In the picture below you see a small slot or cradle next to the door. I will be the first to admit that this could exist anywhere, but it was my first experience and it was great.

When I arrived at the hotel, I received one small key card that gained me access to my room. After fighting with the light switches, I finally realized that to turn on the power in the room, I had to put my key card into the slot.

When I left the room I would grab the key card and all of the power in the room including the heat would shut off. I had a, "well, duh!" moment. It seems like such a logical way for a hotel to reduce energy usage and help control costs. I hope this idea gains traction around the world! (If it hasn't already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment