Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Song Fiction #yearofplay

My new project is underway for the Year of Play and for some reason, my mind keeps coming back to the idea of "Song Fiction".

What is Song Fiction?

My #YearofPlay starts off with some work in the Art Song genre.  Art Songs are poetry set to music.  In general, I'll be focusing on songs with piano.  These poems can tell a story or set a mood.  In this case, I want to play with the idea of creating a piece of "Song Fiction" that accompanies the song and sets a very specific time and place for the song.  I then imagine that the story becomes the context for the song.

I'm not a terribly good fiction writer, but since this idea keeps coming up in my head, I'm going to play with it as part of my #yearofplay.


1 comment:

  1. Have you thought about pairing up art songs and existing stories? Or looking at the history of the songs - perhaps some were inspired by stories, such as folk tales or fairy tales?

    The intersection between song and story is a cool one.

    ReplyDelete