Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Miles for Midwives


As something unusual, the whole family did the 5K Miles for Midwives race in Prospect Park this morning.  Running races in the city alternate between giant events (such as the Marathon) and small races like this one.

I pushed my daughter in our running stroller.  I did not win any prizes for my time (about 27:30), but we enjoyed it and the Peanut freaked out with joy as I pushed her over the finish line.  The crowd cheered her on and she waved to everyone and clapped with joy.

 I love New York because, prior to the race, the Peanut and I were just hanging around.  We saw a mom with a double-bob and who was looking at us as if she knew who we were.  Turns out Kathleen had met her at the local playground.  Lizzie, a mother of two, has a wonderful blog called "The Mother Runner"that I follow regularly.  Since she recognized my daughter, we quickly put two and two together and we introduced ourselves.

In addition to being a great blogger, Lizzie won the women's race and her husband was the first over the finish line pushing a running stroller!  I was doubly impressed after my slog through the race.

One of my favorite parts of running these types of races is that there are all sorts of vendors and free samples.  Since I've been fighting a bit of a cold, and rehearsals start tomorrow, I decided to try a free acupuncture session after the race.  It was my first time and I felt pretty tingly.  Do I feel better?  I'm not sure, but it was definitely a great way to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment