Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

? of the Week- June 5, 2011

Saying goodbye is always hard for me.  I tend to make it last too long or I cut things short.  Today's "? of the Week" is once again Keith Irvine.

I didn't mention in my last post that Mr. Irvine was ailing.  He died this past week.  I was lucky enough to say goodbye to him when I stayed at his house following my Carmina Burana performance with the Putnam Chorale.

I'm incredibly grateful for his presence in my life.  My greatest compliment to anyone is that they taught me something new and interesting.  Mr. Irvine did that and I will miss him greatly.

2 comments:

  1. Eaps - so sorry. I know how fond you were of him and he of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eapen,
    I left you a message on your Facebook page.
    so sad about Mr. Irvine. This is a really cute happy picture of the two of you. He taught me to have a young spirit, that old age is an attitude, and one he refused to have. He was the hippest guy around and he cared about living in the moment.Even though I was not close to him, he still had a great and wonderful influence on me, and he was a simply amazing designer.
    I am in Savannah, Georgia now and love it. Here's my blog. It's a photo blog.

    http://magpiepie.blogspot.com/

    Best to you,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete