Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Notorious E.A.P.

When we first moved into our neighborhood, I grabbed the wrong train home and ended up a stop away at Nostrand Avenue Station.  As I surfaced I saw a guy standing on the corner.  Man, I thought to myself, that guy looks like Biggie Smalls.  Standing directly behind him was another guy who looked like Biggie, followed by another and another.  As I passed them, I finally figured out what was going on.  It was an open casting call for Notorious.  The line went around the corner and off down Nostrand Avenue.  It like a festival, with guys getting into character, checking their rhymes, etc.

Since then, we knew that our neighborhood was somehow connected to Biggie.  Last night we watched a documentary based on his life.  It was pretty fascinating to see how our neighborhood has changed over the years.

One of the best things for me to see is that when Biggie was getting started, he wrote out his rhymes in a black, marble-covered essay book.

No comments:

Post a Comment