Menu

Return to Eapen Leubner.com. Find out more about the Denver Art Song Project. Buy recordings of the Denver Art Song Project.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Redux of a Birthday

"The secret to being interesting is to be interested."- a quote from a comic book about dragons that I read many years ago. (I wish I could remember where it was from, it was a great comic book)
I try to live by this rule every day and this birthday has summed up that quote pretty darned well because after over 5 years of living in the city, we finally got to our third (and final) Chinatown-- Flushing, Queens.   It's too bad my wife is a vegetarian because there were far fewer options for her.  That being said, I made out like a bandit.

Flushing's Chinatown is slightly different than the other two (Sunset Park in Brooklyn and of course, Canal Street on Manhattan).  In addition to many of the mainland favorites, there are also selections from regions such as Quingdao (the Northeast of mainland China).  You can find out a lot in this great New York Times article.

We used a map from the article and ended up hitting seven different stands for small bites.  I have posted some pictures and explanations at my facebook page.   It was a perfect birthday adventure- full of learning and lots of eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment